Hoarding disorder, as you might already know, is a psychological condition that entails the affected person developing irrational emotional attachments with their possessions and sometimes even those things that are of no use to them. These things can include pieces of clothing, furniture, even home appliances, and many other things that differ from person to person. Hoarders get or collect so many of these items that they end up littering their living spaces and creating potentially dangerous traps for themselves in their homes.
Hiring a hoarding assistance company can greatly benefit you if you have an overly cluttered living space or a family member suffers from a hoarding disorder. A hoarding company can help you take away the things that are unnecessary for you, help you decide which things you can sell or give to charities, and also help you deal with the emotional strain of detaching yourself from your belongings.
How Can Hoarding Disorder Adversely Impact Your Lifestyle?
- Repairing things in houses that are too cluttered can become very hard for you because even moving around in such a place becomes a hassle. Broken machines and pieces of furniture can, in turn, create potentially hazardous situations for you.
- If your mental condition is too bad or if your house is so cluttered that it adversely affects your lifestyle and that of your kids, social services could separate your kids from you due to the potential dangers to their health.
- The disorder and all the clutter it ensues can take friends and family away from you.
- Due to all the stuff hoarded inside your place, it could become very difficult for you to maintain basic hygiene standards in your living space.
- Since your place is likely to be too hoarded for you to clean every day, it must have a lot of dust here and there. The accumulated dust can pose a lot of dangers to your health and that of your family. These could include allergies, intense coughing, and chronic respiratory diseases.
- It is almost impossible to keep heating and cooking appliances in places that are too cluttered. Items such as stoves, heaters, hot plates, and many other electrical appliances can lead to fire hazards. In such an uncomely situation, even safely exiting from hoarded space will become very hard.
- If you fail to clean your place regularly, it could become an easy target for bug infestations.
- You could trip or fall due to things getting in your way and injuring yourself badly as a result.
- Too many items accumulated in one place can hinder your movement and that of your family members around the house, especially if you have someone old or physically disabled person sharing the house with you.
Hoarding Assistance Can Benefit You
- A hoarding company can guide you as to which things are useful for you and which ones you should send away.
- They can help you with the emotional and psychological pain of separating yourself from your valued possessions.
- Professionals know ways to donate and recycle pre-used goods and can help you see which items could fall under these categories.
- If you are someone who has collected hefty amounts of papers over the years and doesn’t have the heart to get rid of them, worry no more, because hoarding companies can sort these papers for you and shred out the obsolete and useless ones.
- You may have lost valuable goods in all the clutter; professional hoarder cleaning services can find these items for you.
- They could also arrange for sending those items to your friends and family that you may want to hand down to them.
Which Kind Of Hoarding Companies Are Good?
- Companies that operate in environmentally friendly ways are the best. Their transportation and disposal methods for getting rid of old materials should not add too much to pollution.
- Don’t rush yourself and go through the whole market to find yourself the best, most affordable rates according to your financial situation.
- They should be empathetic enough to deal sensitively with the emotional turmoil that their clients might go through.
- Check the websites of different companies and see if their customer reviews are good. Customer feedback is the best and most credible source for determining the quality of a brand’s products.
Pros Of Hiring A Hoarders Cleaning Company:
- Professionals will only get rid of things that are not needed in your life. They will not throw away anything that is useful.
- You won’t have to do all of the cleanings alone. Therefore, you will not burn yourself out.
- They will take care of transporting all of the junk, so you won’t have to rent a vehicle or pay for the cost of transportation.
- You will not have to worry about the disposal of the junk.
- They will take care of depositing some of the goods to your distant family members or charities.
Taking assistance from a hoarding company is more of a necessity for you than a choice if you are someone suffering from the said disorder. It is the only way whereby you can effectively get rid of hoarded goods inside your place. That is so because if you do it on your own, you might leave out many things because of your attachment to them. Also, clearing out so much clutter can be very exhausting, and if you do it all alone, you might end up tiring yourself too much.
If you are looking for reliable hoarding professionals, do check lifecycle transitions out. We are one of the biggest providers of hoarding clearance and other cleaning services, and our excellent customer reviews are testimonials of the quality of our work. You can compare our rates with others in the business too, but do be rest assured that our prices are very affordable.